Monday, March 27, 2006

iPod Case

On Friday, DH gave me his iPod. So, naturally being the knitter I am, I immediately pulled some cotton out of my stash bin and knit up an iPod case (sorry for the crappy pic). I didn't use an existing pattern, I just took measurements of the iPod and did test swatching until I found what guage would work (fit accross width + 1/2 of iPod Sides). I used Lion Brand Cotton and size US5 needles. It was very simple to make. Here's the pattern, it's my first attempt at writing my own so post any questions in the comments and I'll reply as soon as I can.


Jackie's iPod Case Pattern:

Matierials : 100% cotton worsted weight yarn, size us5 straight needles, darning needle, velcro, sewing needle & thread.

CO 18 sts

Knit in Stockinette Stitch in desired color striping pattern until rectangle measures 8 inches, end with WS row.

The next two rows create a hole for the headphones to go through.

Next row : K7, k2tog, [YO] twice, K2tog, K7.
next row: P9, K1, P8

Continue in Stockinette Stitch and striping pattern for another 2.5 inches.

BO all sts & weave in all ends.

fold piece with right sides facing(inside-out) where CO edge is an inch below the headphone hole. Sew side seams. Turn case right side-out.

Cut velcro to fit under flap.
Sew velcro onto the case body and under the flap where the body and flap overlap when closed.

Voila! you're done. insert your iPod, plug in your headphones and enjoy!

No comments: