Wednesday, August 08, 2007

YAY...a good start!

I think I've gotten a pretty decent start on Christmas gifts this year. I have a raglan cardigan for my niece Laney OTN, I've got a throw for my parents going, a pair of monkey socks for my sister Jammie (I'm making them using a solid color.....red.... so every time I look at them I cant help but to think that I'm making my sister a Baboon's ass), and for my sister, Dawn, I've started a Montego Bay scarf (pattern in Interweave Knits Summer 2007 issue).
I'm using Knitpicks Gloss in Serengeti (yes, leftovers from the Entrelac socks) for the main body, and for the fringe I'm going to order another color of gloss and make the fringe 2 strands Serengeti and 4 strands other color yet to be decided. Any suggestions for the other color? I think all of them will look good combined with the Serengeti and it's making for a difficult decision, and my sister doesn't have a favorite color (well, she's 9 months pregnant and can't make up her mind....LOL).

Well, I think the only WIP I have going that is NOT a Christmas gift for someone, is my Icarus Shawl. I'm not going to post a new pic of it, only because I've gotten maybe 4 more rows completed since my last update, and it looks just the same as before...lol. And pics of the cardigan, baboons ass, and throw mentioned above have to wait until DH comes home and dumps all of the pics from the camera and gets them burned to CD. (no, I can't do it myself....I've tried in the past and each time I fucked it up somehow)

1 comment:

Macoco said...

Oooh I love the texture/color of your WIP. Serengeti is such a fitting name for it.