Thursday, April 05, 2007

ENTRELAC SOCKS FINISHED!!!!!!

YEAH!!!! This pattern has caused me some trouble, I had to add an extra tier in the foot, and then I had difficulties getting the sock over my heel. So to solve that I started my leg increases early. Then, I didn't feel like doing extra leg increases for the sock to fit over my large calves, so I decided to end the sock at a regular crew length. I am SOOOOO glad to finally have finished this pair of socks. In the first pic, one sock looks bigger than the other. This is because one sock had just come off my foot (and had been stretched) and the other had just come off the needles. So, now I guess I can say that my entrelac socks were based on the Entrelac socks from the Spring 2007 Interweave issue. Since I barely followed the pattern.

okay, so now the details. Entrelac socks based on the Entrelac socks pattern by Eunny Jang in the Spring 2007 Interweave Knits I used Knitpicks Gloss yarn in Burgundy and Serengeti, using only one hank of each. I did enjoy knitting these, and I think I might make another pair to pattern specs when I've lost some more weight.

8 comments:

Macoco said...

Your socks look absolutely fabulous! I know you had problems with these - but it feels like you finished them really quickly.

Jessi said...

It sounds like I would have the same problem you did if I tried to knit the original pattern. Yours came out great though! Would you mind posting your version of the pattern for other not teeny calf folks?

VR said...

Those are super pretty socks, Jackie!

Becka said...

STUNNING!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Your entrelac socks are BEAUTIFUL!!!

Anonymous said...

They look great!

KnittyLynn said...

Wonderful!
Are they comfortable? I'd wondered if the enterlac might tug it in odd directions when wearing.

Mommy-moto said...

Those are so flippin beautiful! I wanna make a pair now. Must. Find. Pattern.