Monday, February 12, 2007

Playing around

With all the knitting I've done, and all the things I've made, when it comes to changing colors, I've never done anything more complicated than stripes. And striping is extremely simple. So I found a few Fair Isle charts and decided to play around with them using some scrap red and blue yarns that I had in my stash. I started out having some problems with my tension, but it's evening out as I get used to the technique. In the Pic, you can see the chart I choose (found it free online, but I forgot to write down the site I got it off of) and what I have so far of my practice piece. I added a few stitches to the sides of the chart so I could have a bit of a red border on all sides. I'm beginning to think I might make some hats with a Fair Isle motif for a few Christmas presents this year.

No comments: