Saturday, February 17, 2007

Monkey Sock

Yesterday, I decided to start knitting a pair of Monkey Socks. I read on some forums and heard on a podcast that it was a really quick and fun knit (It is!!!!). I cast on for these socks yesterday (Friday, 2pm-ish), and as of now (Saturday night, 8pm) I am almost done with the heel (picture taken after starting 4th leg pattern repeat), and I haven't even really spent much time working on it. Now that's a fucking fast sock! Patterns as quick to knit up as this pattern is, are the cure to second sock syndrome. I am using Knitpicks Memories sock yarn for my monkey socks, in the Yukon colorway. This yarn has been sitting in my stash for almost a year now. I am also knitting these socks on 2 circs instead of DPN's like the pattern calls for. I love this pattern. I've wanted to knit it since the winter 2006 knitty was published, but I've put it off. (I don't know why.....I'm nuts so there's no telling why)

No comments: