Monday, February 05, 2007

It's been a while since I've .....

...made a WIP update post. I've Currently got 5 projects OTN, but I'm only posting 3 pics. The 2 that I'm not posting are a Mitten that needs to be partially frogged and re-knit because I didn't make it quite long enough, and the other is a blanket I'm making using worsted weight yarn and the Kerry Blue shawl pattern. The mitten just isn't worth posting a pic of right now, and the blanket.....well, I just didn't feel like hauling it out and photographing it. Even though it's not all that big yet.....LOL
~~~~~~~~~~

This is a sock I started a few days ago. I used this yarn for a sock last year, and wasn't happy with how I closed the toe (top down st st sock), so I frogged the whole thing, and the yarn has just been sitting in my stash bin ever since. When I finished my Clapotis, I got two very strong urges. One was to knit a sock, and the other was to start a fine gauge lace project. Well, I had the sock yarn and needles so I started this sock. I don't have any Lace yarn in my stash other than the leftovers from my peacock feathers shawl, so I couldn't really start anything with that.

~~~~~~~~~~

This is the beginnings of the Garterlac Baby blanket I posted about before. I love knitting garterlac/entrelac so it goes really quickly. I'm very happy with how it's turning out. I think I'm going to have to make one for DD as well. She keeps asking "mine?" Whenever she sees me working on it.
~~~~~~~~~~


And, this is Knit & Tonic's Dream Swatch Head Wrap using fingering weight yarn and size 3 needles. I didn't want mine to be as wide as the pattern specifies (approx 4 inches) so I downsized a little bit.

No comments: