Monday, May 08, 2006

Starsky is FINISHED!!!!!!!!

Not the best pic, but it's a great one considering my photographer is 6 years old :) I placed my beltloops a little high, and the sleeves are too baggy, but I love my Starsky! I was worried that this was a sweater that only looked good on skinny people, but, IMHO, I think it's flattering to me (a size 18) as well. (and speaking of my size, I've been loosing weight. I've only lost 11 pounds so far (WOOHOO!!!), but soon it will be 20, and then 50 and before long I'll be at my goal) This is the first adult size & first non raglan sweater I've done. I'm very happy with it!

I've also been working on a pair of toe-up socks for me. I can't remember where I found the pattern (I printed it a while ago), but it's called 'Traveler Socks" and It was a .pdf free online pattern. I have one completely finished, and one in progress. I am finished with the toe, and am on row 4 of my first cable pattern repeat.

5 comments:

Emily H. said...

Wow, that Starsky looks great! It looks fabulous on you.

Anonymous said...

It looks really great on you!

And I like the socks to. You can find the patterns here:

http://d-made.com/knitting/patterns/traveler_sock.pdf

Jerry & Maxy said...

Super sweet Starsky! It looks great on you. And I think you may have an aspiring photog on your hands ;)

Michelle said...

Your Starsky looks great. I love it on you. The socks are gorgeous as well.

Liz said...

Hi Jackie! I have been thinking about knitting Starsky all day and was searching for photos of it completed when I found yours. Being a plus-sized gal myself, your photo really helps visualize it on a womanly body, so thank you for posting a photo. Also, I love the color you chose. Glad to have found you!

- Liz