Friday, May 05, 2006

FO

I finished the bag I knit for my niece, Justice's birthday Present. She will be turning 9 in August. The butterfly is just a little something I added, and is just tied onto the bag strap, so it can be removed and Justice can put it on something else if she wants. I didn't use a pattern for the bag. I just cast on enough stitches to reach around my 16" size 10 1/2 circ, and knit for several inches, changing colors every 4 rows. (except at the top when I ran out of black), when I got the bag to the desired height, I BO all but 6 stitches on each side of the bag. I knit 6 stitches from one side until I was almost out of that blue yarn, then I kitchener stitched the other 6 live stitches to the purse handle. I then turned the bag inside out and whip stitched the bottom of the bag closed. It only took one cycle in the washer to felt. The butterfly is a pattern I got from Stitch & Bitch Nation, it's the butterfly used for the 'Butterflies are Free' scarf pattern.

I did a lot of work on the belt for starsky last night. It still needs a few inches, but it was progress none the less.

No comments: