Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Like sock yarn, leftover birthday cupcakes don't count.

Monday the 28th, my oldest turned ten years old. I still can't believe it. Part of me feels like it's about damn time, and yet another part of me is weeping because my first baby is now in double digits. Plus, I'm a bit sad because before long, that little booger is going to be taller than me. Now, I'm barely 5'2", so becoming taller than me is no major feat for most, but when your oldest kid is up to your chin, you can't help but to look over at him and wonder "when the fuck did you get so damn tall?!?" He'll begin to hit puberty soon, and I can't help but to watch in amazement and think I'm too young for this shit. At least, I get to eat the leftover birthday cupcakes. They're Devils Food....yum


Also, I thought I should share a picture of the finished Ellington Sock (pattern now available on CookieA.com)
I followed some of the instructions written in the pattern for altering the sock to make the leg 12 rows shorter, and I also started the sock using one needle size up from gauge to make the top ribbing looser, because I had some issues with the twisted ribbing being a bit too tight on my massive calves of DOOM. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this sock. I know I say that all the time, but hey, that's the norm for sock addicts. I'm completely obsessed with Cookie A's patterns. I want to lick her mind (and if you can guess the show that quote is from(though it's 'your' not 'her' in the quote), I'll love you forever and send you virtual smooches). I have the second sock for the Ellington pair started, but it's been moved to the back burner so I can concentrate my efforts on working on a very special sweater for a very special little girl.

That special little sweater, is this DROPS pattern, and I'm making it for my Cousin's little girl who is turning one in a few weeks. I'm making it with different colors, and I'm using Knitpicks Comfy sport yarn. I'll share some pics of it when I get further along.

No comments: