Thursday, July 31, 2008

Laney's Sweater, FINISHED!!!















I love that feeling of accomplishment a knitter gets every time she/he finishes a project. This sweater I knit for my niece, Laney, for her 4th birthday. It's the Eyelet Yoke Cardigan sweater from Lion Brand, and for it I used Lion Brand's Wool-ease yarn in the color seaspray. I knit the largest size for the pattern (4) and it took all but a few yards of 2 balls of the wool-ease. I didn't really enjoy knitting this one. Each and every time I picked up this project I just kept thinking of better construction methods that would provide the same result. Knitting the pattern as written, there's just WAY too many seams to sew.

The other birthday present I'm knitting is nearing completion too, it's the February Lady Sweater I'm knitting for my niece, Justice. I finished the body and am about 1/4 done with the first sleeve. I still have a week and a half to finish it, so I'm sure it'll be ready in time.

No comments: