Monday, April 07, 2008

I love baby knitting

I love to knit baby things. They go so quickly :) I've started knitting some little things for my Cousin, Shelly. She's pregnant with her second baby. I've been itching for another baby to knit for and she and her DH were more than happy to oblige....LOL! Shelly mentioned to me the other day that she wanted something handmade with love for her baby (and she went on talking about maybe making a quilt for the baby), and I started grinning. I've already started. well, at that point I just had some yarn bought for a baby sweater and had Serenity (ravelry link) picked out to knit for the baby. Anyway, this past Saturday, I was sitting around with the kids and I wanted a small project to work on because I'm kind of sick of looking at all of my other WIP's. So I looked through my stash for inspiration. I saw my skein of Lime & Violet Sasquatch Superwash in Buster Keaton sitting on top. I thought it would look great as a baby bootie & hat set. So, I wound the yarn into a ball, and cast on for Saartje's booties and a few hours later I had this:

hehehehehe....aren't they cute? I'm still trying to decide on a hat pattern though. I need something gender neutral because they aren't going to be finding out the sex of the baby. (pattern suggestions, anyone???)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwww!!!!