Tuesday, April 08, 2008

I finally got off my ass.....

and I finished my Phineas socks! Well, depending on how you look at it you might as well say I got on my ass to finish them because I knit sitting down....LOL
This morning I sat down and finally knit the toe of sock #2 for Phineas. These socks were really easy, good, mindless knitting. They would have been a really quick knit if I hadn't gotten sidetracked with other wip's and a little thing called life...lol! The pattern is written to knit these socks toe up and magic loop. When I started these I wasn't in the mood for that particular sock construction method, so I knit these cuff down on DPN's instead.

The yarn I used is Knitpicks Essential sock yarn in the color African Violet. Ever since KP re-did the Essential line (a long, long, time ago), I've been loving this sock yarn. The old Essential was really rough and splitty, but the current essential is a million times softer, and isn't nearly as splitty (I haven't had any splitting problems, but have read that a few others in blogland have).

Right now, I'm trying to get as many of my WIP's off the needles as possible, because I don't want them distracting me in a few weeks. I'm going to be participating in something I'm really excited about. Cookie A is coming out with a new pattern, and told readers of her blog that she was looking for test knitters. I volunteered, and was one of the 24 that were picked! If you're wondering about the sock we'll be test knitting, go to Cookie's blog, and it's the purple sock pictured in her April 1st post. When we get started, I'll post progress pics on here (don't worry, Cookie said we could post about it on our blogs, I'm not breaking any rules).

No comments: