Thursday, February 25, 2010

You spin me right round, baby....

...right round, like a record baby, Right round round round...

oh, you're welcome for the earworm :)

Back in mid-January, I started hooping. I bought a 40 inch hula hoop from Nicehoops on Etsy.com, and was very quickly addicted. It's the most fun I have ever had working out. Mid-January is also when I started trying to lose weight, so not only did I start hooping, but I've cut out soda, and dramatically cut down the fast food (from 3 times a week to zero or one time a week). In that time, I've dropped 15 pounds. It's a wonderful feeling. Clothing that used to be snug and tight are now loose and baggy. Plus, I just simply feel better :)

It's getting to the point where I'm hooping more than I'm knitting. I love turning on some loud, fast-paced music and just playing with my hoop. It's good for centering me when I've had a bad day, and relaxing me when I've had a hectic day. And you know what? It's just plain fun.

btw- I'm still (slowly) working on the entrelac blanket. Right now it's living on my couch and I knit a few stitches here and there, but I knew it was a long-term project before I started it. I have learned something new on it though. I learned how to knit backwards, so I don't have to flip the whole project every ten stitches anymore...yay me :)

No comments: