Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Only 2.....

Wow....I have ONLY 2 wip's OTN right now! This feels weird. This is new. I normally have 5 or 6 WIP's going at any one time...having so few is going to take some getting used to. This feels weird, and yet I still don't have the urge to cast on any new projects right now. This is very weird...lol

First, we have the Earl Grey socks I'm knitting for DH's birthday gift. I had gotten caught up in finishing Adamas, so these socks got conveniently 'forgotten' about for a few days.....oops. Now I'm back to working on them and I'm only on sock #1, but I only have another inch to knit in pattern before I start the toe. I tried this sock on DH's foot last night, and it was SOOOO pretty. The cables were beautiful and it looked like a really good fit (so far...lol)

And here we have the beginnings of some really pretty socks for me. The pattern is 'Carolina, Last Queen of Naples' by Monkey-Toes. The pattern is beautiful, easy, and fun to work. The yarn, however, is just WOW. It's from Yarn Lust on etsy, and it's her Merino/Tencel 50/50 blend in the Melancholy colorway. Absolutely stunning shades of Green, Pink, and Blue. I HIGHLY recommend this seller, she was really nice and I had the yarn in my hands 2 days after placing my order. Plus, there were some extra goodies in my package that were MUCH appreciated. I will definitely be buying from her again.

No comments: