Thursday, January 24, 2008

Done! but not finished......

My Adamas Shawl. I completed the knitting of it this morning, but I still need to block it. I started on this project a few days after Christmas, so it took just barely under a month to knit this. I really enjoyed this pattern. It was simple and straightforward, and yet still busy enough to hold my attention and keep me interested in knitting it.

The pattern is written for Lace weight yarn and size US5 needles. But I wanted to use yarn I already had, and I've been wanting a shawl thicker than lace weight, so I decided to use a fingering weight yarn (BMFA STR lightweight in Korppi) and size US6 needles. I'm really happy with how it turned out, and I can't wait to get it blocked. Problem is, I want to block it NOW, but I hate doing all of those pins and I don't have any blocking wires. So, I have to decide if I want to just suck it up and use the pins, or wait until I can buy some blocking wires, which could be a few weeks.

1 comment:

Macoco said...

Block it now because I can't wait to see what it looks like all blocked out! ;) Seriously, it looks great.