Tuesday, November 07, 2006

meh.....

Today is just one of those dreary, sleepy days where all you want to do is cuddle under a warm blanket, or better yet, cuddle under a WIP crochet blanket to work on it. I've been having the itch lately to crochet a big, soft, cuddly blanket. One major problem though.....I can't afford to buy the yarn needed right now. Crochet blankets are like the perfect wintertime project. Oh well.....maybe I can start one in a few months.

I've been looking for a new job lately. I'm not having much luck though. However, I have high hopes for the craft stores I applied at. Last night I went and applied at Michaels, and before that, I went and applied at Hobby Lobby. I think next, that I might go see if they're hiring at my LYS. I really hope I can get a job in a craft or yarn store, I just feel like I would be happier there than I was at Babies r Us.

the past week, I've been playing around, creating my own basic pattern for thumbless mittens for DD. Just trying out different methods for closing the top, seeing which one I liked the look of better. I finally decided to close it like I would for a round toe in a knitted sock. I am knitting the first pair from my pattern now, I'll show off the mittens on here when they're finished. My other wip's? well, they've been neglected the past few days. I'm still making progress on the baby blanket (still can't find my damn tape measure, though), I've saved my mom's socks from the UFO pile again, I started a hat for my niece's Christmas present. It's been several days since I've even touched the sock I've started for me, and yet, I've been itching to start a new pair of socks for Dh. I think I will start those soon for dh's Christmas present. I just need to make up my mind on the pattern. There are a few I think he'd like in the Knitting Vintage Socks book that I have.

1 comment:

Knitting Rose said...

You have inspired me. While I was reading your blog - I thought "I can make fingerless mittens" then "I could do a turned hem for the top" then "I could put a mock cable in it for decoration." I am amazed that just by reading your "trying out different methods" ideology - you have given me hope that I can do something new!
thank you! BTW - Love the slippers! too cute!