Friday, August 04, 2006

oops.....

It's been hectic around here, I just realized that it's Friday and it's been more than a week since I've updated my blog. I'm sorry.

Not much knitting has been done. It's been hot as hell around here and we've had problems with our gas company. Lucky for us, only some things around here are gas powered. Like our water heater. We haven't had hot running water around here since Monday. Someone from the gas company is supposed to be here today to fix the problem. I also got ds#2 registered for Kindergarten, finally. This school year I'll have one in first grade and one in K. I think it'll be weird having only me and my dd home in the middle of the day.

The small amount of knitting that I have managed to do, is to start a pea pod baby set (pattern free from interweave knits that link should take you to the page the pdf is on) for DD. I'm using Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in the Victorian Pink color. So far, so good. I'm liking it. Soon, I need to work some more on the cascading leaves socks for my mom's christmas gift, and start some more gifts as well. I think the largest gift I'm planning is to do the Water Lilly top from Spring 2006 Interweave Knits for my best friend. I'm doing an experiment on the yarn though. I'm going to use the Get Away yarn from Knitpicks. It's a thick-and-thin yarn, but it works up to guage perfectly for the water lilly top.

I'll update probably early next week with some pics of my WIP's.

No comments: