Thursday, November 10, 2005

Wish me luck!

This morning I was thinking about what I am going to wear to the Christmas Party that the company DH works for holds every year. I have a full length black skirt that I will be wearing with a dark pink, almost reddish color 3/4 sleeve top. That got me thinking about dressy jackets, and I decided that I want a beautiful shawl to wear. I searched online and couldn't find any ready-made shawls to buy, that I liked. So, I decided to look at some patterns. I saw the Peacock Feathers Shawl on Fiddlesticksknitting.com. I fell in LOVE. I ordered the kit with the Charcoal color yarn. I can't wait for it to get here so I can get started. I am going to work my ass off on it to try to get it finished in time. Wish me a WHOLE LOT of luck, the Christmas party is December 9th. I know it's a longshot, but I sure as hell am going to try.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The shawl is beautiful and the project is ambitious! I wish you luck :)

Anonymous said...

Good luck! just reading this pregnancy/birth forum on About.com and found ya (if u were wondering). I just learned to crochet last december :) love it! I don't remember how to knit though. My grandma got me started on that to keep me busy I think! Here's my messy site if you'd like to peek. www.geocities.com/kewlgal69 you may not be able to view all the pictures because yahoo has a limit for that stuff.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.