Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I started it

The Kit for the Peacock Feathers Shawl arrived yesterday. 24 Hours later, I'm ready to start row57. So far, so good. Especially considering I'm busy chasing my 3 kids around all day. I am absolutely in love with the yarn that came with the kit, It is SOOOO soft. I was fondling it last night and DH looked at me and told me to stop loving on the yarn...lol The Pattern for this shawl is very well written/charted, and easy to follow. I already have plans to order the Lacy Lattice Stole kit when all of my holiday knitting is done and I get another chance to splurge.

I also recently splurged and bought some Cherry Tree Hill Supersock yarn, and some Brown Sheep Lambs Pride Bulky, from Kaleidoscope yarns. I am definitely going to order from them again. I put in the order this past Thursday (11/17) and it arrived yesterday (11/21). Fast shipping is always a MAJOR plus with me.

As for an update on my Holiday Projects, I am several rows into the second sock for my best friend, I am now 2/3 done with the pink baby blanket for my niece Morgan, and I am just over 1/4 done with the afghan for my niece Laney(this one is crocheted so it'll go REALLY fast). I haven't worked on the Irish Hiking scarf (for BIL) lately, and everyone else's knitted/crocheted gifts are done!

hehehehehe........ the spell check on this thing wanted to replace BIL with the word bile. I shouldn't find that this funny, should I? LMAO

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your progress is impressive, especially because you have 3 children! and a husband to care for in between your knitting. I hope you are able to finish this shawl in time for the party.