Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas aftermath

The kids all had a blast yesterday. They received toys upon toys upon toys. They played with cousins, and there was even a fight. I was ecstatic over the fight. Not because there was one, but because my boys had nothing to do with it....LMAO My knitted and baked gifts were really loved and appreciated. I love giving handmade gifts and seeing people honestly "ooh" and "aah" over them. It's good to know that people out there in this mass-merchandised world still appreciate handmade things. I received a lot of really great gifts...some caramel brownie mix, a beautiful new coat, some clothes, & towels. My sons drew and wrapped pictures for me. That was really sweet. But I must say, one of the best gifts given yesterday, was from my sister. She announced to the family that she is pregnant again! I absolutely love knitting baby things. I can't wait until I can get to the LYS and buy some gender neutral yarn and knit a baby sweater.

It really was a nice day with the family.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Congrats to your sister! I hope all goes well and you all have a wonderful new year!