Friday, October 20, 2006

Christmas Presents

Last year, I knit Christmas Gifts for pretty much everyone on my gift list. I'm still kinda burned out on knitting for other people. So, this year, I'm only knitting for the very few people that I know will appreciate (and properly take care of) a hand knitted gift. Everyone else will get baskets or tins with home baked goodies from me.

I am knitting a pair of socks for my mom's present. I've posted about them before, they're the cascading leaves socks by Jeanie Townsend. I've gotten 1 sock completed and 1/2 of sock #2 done, but over the past few months, these socks have become a UFO. As of yesterday, they're a WIP again.

For my niece Laney, I've knit the hat pictured above (still need to weave in the ends). I used THIS pattern. The yarn is scraps leftover from other projects. The purple is Brown Sheep's Lambs Pride bulky in the color Wild Violet, and the grey yarn is Knitpicks Sierra in the color Mist.

There are a few more gifts I'm planning to knit, but I'm just not sure what to knit. I'm thinking it'll be small projects like hats, and they'll have either lace or cables. I love knitting cables, the more intricate, the better.

1 comment:

nanorna said...

ye `it looks nice```