Friday, September 16, 2005

Waiting to dry

I know I promised this one would be done a while ago, but I kept putting it off. Then I said 'fuck it' and waited to felt it until my moms booga was ready to be felted So I could do both at the same time.

The Sophie Bag for my sister, Dawn, Is FINISHED! Well, almost, it's still wet. It usually takes 2-3 days of hanging around for my felted bags to dry completely. I will be giving this bag to Dawn for her Christmas present.

Below is a pic of the Booga I made for my mom. It too is drying. This was an experement in making the booga larger. The pattern calls for CO 34 and K34 rows, and the sides are done in the round for 64 rows. I just picked a 'magic number', 20, and did a CO 54, K54 rows and the sides were 84 rows. I think it's a great size. Now I need to wait for it to dry so I can put the strap on it.

No comments: