Thursday, March 05, 2009

I'm still alive!....lol

Sorry it's been over a month since I've updated my blog. I've been both busy and slacking off.

Since my last update, I finished my Leyburn socks. I love the way they turned out, but they have re-reinforced to me the fact that short row heels just don't fit me right. I've known this little bit of information for a while now, but every now and then I'll make another pair of socks with short row heels hoping that this time it'll be different. Eternal optimist. yeah. that's me.

Details on the socks. The pattern is : Leyburn Socks by MintyFresh. Yarn: I used BMFA STR lightweight in the color Socktopus. I'm pretty sure that color has been discontinued.

I've also cast-on some new projects. I've started Vivian with some mauve Cascade Eco +, and I've been working on Egeblad with some white size 10 crochet thread. I'm only about 5 inches into Vivian, and I am LOVING the cables. The pattern is not only beautiful, but is also very well written. Egeblad is perfect for a quick and easy lace project. I have about 5 rows left to knit, and it's looking great. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with Egeblad when it's finished, but I saw the pattern and just wanted to knit it. I might just put it in a box and wait and give it to my Mom for her birthday in October.

okay. Now back to the slacking off. :p

No comments: